This Award seeks to recognise accomplishments by companies in the 50 years since the UK and China established diplomatic relations, opening up the opportunity for increased trade and investment. This Award is open to British organisations in any industry sector that have made a outstanding or long-term commitment to UK-China business, trade or relations. Please note that your company does not need to have been in China for 50 years to enter.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- A long-term history of and commitment to building a sustainable and successful business in China.
- A history of engagement in community initiatives and a proven commitment to corporate social responsibility.
- Proven examples of contributions that have strengthened UK-China business relations.
Long-term and continued commitment to using innovative new techniques and best practices, particularly showing how these work specifically in the Chinese market.
- A panel of 5 judges will individually score each application.
- Judges will give an overall score for the whole application.
- The score will be tallied and a shortlist of three finalists will be drawn up.
- The same judges will then come together as a group and discuss the merits of each of the finalists, coming to a clear decision on the winner.
- In the case of a split decision, judges will be asked to rank the finalists and the winner will be calculated.
- The winners of each award will be revealed on the night.