The Chinese Investor in the UK Award seeks to acknowledge Chinese companies that have established a business in the UK and demonstrates strong growth, innovative strategies and important market presence. This Award is open to Chinese companies headquartered in mainland China with a presence in the UK.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- An on-going contribution to strengthening UK-China business relations.
- Investment in the development of British staff/UK-based staff.
- Embracing the adoption of British R&D expertise.
- A long-term commitment to building a sustainable business that benefits both countries.
- The commercial success of the business in both China and the UK.
- Engagement in community initiatives or a commitment to corporate social responsibility.
- A panel of 5 judges will individually score each application.
- Judges will give an overall score for the whole application.
- The score will be tallied and a shortlist of three finalists will be drawn up.
- The same judges will then come together as a group and discuss the merits of each of the finalists, coming to a clear decision on the winner.
- In the case of a split decision, judges will be asked to rank the finalists and the winner will be calculated.
- The winners of each award will be revealed on the night.