The British Company of the Year Award seeks to recognise British organisations in any industry sector in China that exemplify the UK’s commitment to developing sustainable business and cultural relations between our two countries. This Award is open to British organisations in any industry sector, and is divided into a large and small company award. This year for the first time we will be awarded the best companies regardless of size, with one award for large multinational companies and another for dynamic smaller companies.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- A long-term commitment to building a sustainable business in China.
- An innovative approach to the running of a business, or a unique corporate strategy that sets the company apart.
- Products or services tailored specifically to the Chinese market.
- Active support of the development of UK-China relations.
- An open and inclusive working environment with provisions made to embrace British and Chinese working cultures.
- Engagement in community initiatives or a commitment to corporate social responsibility.
- Exemplary CSR policy in action.
- A panel of 5 judges will individually score each application.
- Judges will give an overall score for the whole application.
- The score will be tallied and a shortlist of three finalists will be drawn up.
- The same judges will then come together as a group and discuss the merits of each of the finalists, coming to a clear decision on the winner.
- In the case of a split decision, judges will be asked to rank the finalists and the winner will be calculated.
- The winners of each award will be revealed on the night.
- ALL applications must be uploaded to the 2022 British Business Awards website in order to be judged.
- Applications must be uploaded before 1 July, 2022
- Applications may not run over the word limits set for each section.
- Preview Application Form