The Innovation Award seeks to recognise British excellence in bringing innovative ideas, products or processes to the Chinese market, contributing to the growth of their sector, or leveraging existing approaches in a new and creative manner. This Award is open to British companies in any industry sector.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- Developing an innovative design, product, or process for the China market
- How well the introduction of the design, product or process to the China market was executed
- Introduction of best practice or advanced techniques into the company’s China operations.
- Impact and success of the innovative idea, product or process in the China market.
- A focus and commitment to the development of local talent or investment in R&D in China.
- A panel of 5 judges will individually score each application.
- Judges will give an overall score for the whole application.
- The score will be tallied and a shortlist of three finalists will be drawn up.
- The same judges will then come together as a group and discuss the merits of each of the finalists, coming to a clear decision on the winner.
- In the case of a split decision, judges will be asked to rank the finalists and the winner will be calculated.
- The winners of each award will be revealed on the night.