The Sustainability Award seeks to recognise organisations that have demonstrated a commitment to the building of a sustainable business in China, to advancing ESG principles, and to helping promote the benefits of a sustainable business model and in the Chinese market. This Award is open to British organisations in any industry sector.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- An organisation that has a clearly identified vision and set of values, successfully embedding sustainable business strategy and environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices across their operations in China.
- The provision of products or services to the Chinese market, that support the development of other sustainable businesses and the growth of the broader economy.
- A business that not only seeks to deliver improved shareholder performance but also promotes economic prosperity, improved environmental quality and social equity.
- A commitment to develop and maintain socially responsible co-operation throughout their supply chain through working with their customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- A commitment to the education of their employees, customers and the wider community as to the importance of sustainability.
- A commitment made to ensure their ethical operation and conformance to business conduct supported by a sound corporate governance structure and system.
- A panel of 5 judges will individually score each application.
- Judges will give an overall score for the whole application.
- The score will be tallied and a shortlist of three finalists will be drawn up.
- The same judges will then come together as a group and discuss the merits of each of the finalists, coming to a clear decision on the winner.
- In the case of a split decision, judges will be asked to rank the finalists and the winner will be calculated.
- The winners of each award will be revealed on the night.